As the Weekend Operations Associate, you will lead the execution of our weekend text banks. You’ll support our nationwide network of volunteer texters, helping them to answer questions from voters. You’ll monitor Spoke, our peer-to-peer texting platform, ensuring a reliable user experience for our volunteers. You’re comfortable with detail-oriented work, love working with volunteers, and like to solve problems where you see them and help where needed. This opportunity is remote and part time on the weekends.
Work is remote. Resistance Labs prioritizes hiring progressives in rural and red areas as well as historically disadvantaged groups.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support volunteer texters. Answer questions about ongoing campaigns and how to use Spoke.
- Notify and mobilize our volunteers of active campaigns using Slack and Facebook.
- Audit volunteers’ texting conversations to ensure quality and provide feedback.
- Monitor ongoing texting in Spoke to ensure timely execution of our campaigns.
- Update landing page for volunteers on our website with descriptions of active texting campaigns.
- Constantly look for ways to make our processes more efficient without sacrificing quality.
- Passion for uplifting the work of progressive activists, organizations, and candidates
- Exceptional capacity to learn new things and manage new work areas.
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly, and patiently.
- Comfort using peer-to-peer texting programs and digital organizing tools.
- Ability to work independently and regularly communicate status updates.
- Remote experience preferred.
$15-$17 per hour, part-time, mostly weekends. One month contract with potential for extension.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org