As the Operations Associate for our Contest Every Race program, you will be at the center of a cutting-edge program to recruit Democrats to run for local office. You’ll drive the day-to-day texting outreach, managing a team of volunteers as they text thousands of prospective candidates. You’ll make sure prospects get the right messages, on schedule, so that they each have the resources and information they need to successfully step up and run. You’re comfortable with detail-oriented work, love working with volunteers, and like to solve problems where you see them and help out where needed.
Work is remote. Resistance Labs prioritizes hiring progressives in rural and red areas as well as historically disadvantaged groups.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Set up and launch texting campaigns in our content management tool.
- Carefully manage contact lists and update them as new data is collected.
- Ensure that our data is clean, updated, and organized.
- Provide regular metrics and reports on your work.
- Constantly look for ways to make our processes more efficient without sacrificing quality.
- Recruit and train volunteer texters. Get them excited about the work and keep them motivated.
- Manage the volunteer team, coordinating with volunteers to schedule shifts and ensure that texting is completed on schedule.
- Ensure volunteer success by providing training materials and answering questions in Slack and on Facebook.
- Audit volunteers’ texting conversations to ensure quality and provide feedback.
- Communicate with volunteers to gather input, build community, and celebrate successes.
- Passion for building the bench of future Democratic leaders.
- Exceptional capacity to learn new things and manage new work areas.
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly.
- An eye for detail. You embrace checklists and proofreading. Mistakes rarely get past you.
- Comfort using Excel/Google Sheets for basic data analysis and visualization (charts, pivot tables, functions like vlookup).
- Ability to work independently and regularly communicate status updates.
- Remote experience preferred.
$2600-$3200 per month. Hourly contract initially, with transition to a salaried position plus health insurance benefits after a probationary period.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com